Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update, Download Galaxy Note 2 Official Jelly Bean Firmware, Install Android 4.1.2 Official Jelly Bean Update on Galaxy Note 2 N7100: Samsung has a lot of things going on these days like the new phone, tab launches and other updates. One among them is the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update. The following update has all the bug-fixes and other performance related issues solved. The update is available both as the KIES version and the Over The Air.
Here is a step by step guide to download and install this official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. But before we proceed forward, there are some pre-requisite that need to be followed.
- Before we get started just verify your device model number by going to Settings and then About Phone. Note: The following XXDMG1 Jelly Bean update isnjust for the Note 2 tablets, so if one tries it on other devices, the bricking up of the device could be one of it’s resuts.
- Don’t forget to download and install all the necessary Android USB drivers on your PC before you start anything. You can also download and install Samsung Kies to get all the essential drivers installed on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode on the phone by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be well charged and not even at low of it, or else bricking of the device is possible.
How to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Official Jelly Bean Firmware
1: Download the latest Jelly Bean firmware package for your Galaxy Note 2 from this LINK and then extract it with a zip extractor.
2: Now download Odin 3.07 and then extract the .zip file to be able to run the flash tool and then install the firmware.
3: Switch off the phone and just confirm its final shutdown.
4: Boot the device to Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons simultaneously, to get the android icon. Press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
5: Launch Odin on your PC as an Administrator.
6: Connect the device to the PC in the Download Mode. Wait the device is detected. When the device connects successfully, its ID: COM box will turn blue with the respective COM port number.
7: Choose the given files in Odin from extracted N7100XXDMG1 folder.
- Choose the PDA checkbox, and select the file named .tar or .md5.
- Click the Phone checkbox, and select the file with ’modem’ in its name (ignore if such file is missing)
- Choose the CSC checkbox, and choose the file named ‘CSC‘(ignore if such file is missing)
- Click the PIT checkbox, and select the .pit file.
Step 8: In Odin, enable Auto Reboot and F. Also check that the Re-Partition checkbox is chosen only if a .pit file is selected before.
Step 9: Press the START button to begin the installation.
Step 10: After the installation completes, your phone will reboot and soon a PASS message appears at the very top of Odin. You can remove the device now.
Galaxy Note 2 is updated now, one can even check the whole thing, by going to the settings and then about phone option.
If there occurs a problem after installation, just reboot the device and go for a system recovery by following the same steps as Step 4.
You might also like to read out this guide: How to Install Android OS on PC